How placing a yacht in our fleet works
- There is a simple Yacht Management Agreement which sets out the rules surrounding the arrangement between Boat Owner and the Operator
- The yachts and Catamarans in the Whitsunday Rent A Yacht fleet are all owned by independent investors
- Whitsunday Rent A Yacht manages the vessels on behalf of the investors
- As an owner, you are entitled to use the yacht usually for up to 28 days per year. This can be extended to suit your needs.
There are two types of models under which the agreements operate:
Variable Model - this is a Business Model operating in Australia under ATO Tax Ruling TR2003/2004. Under this system the owner plays a prominent role in the management of the owner’s Yacht including decision making for vessel maintenance, improvements and forward planning. The owner is able to claim expenses and depreciation before realising the taxable income. The Operator receives a Management Fee from the owner.
Guaranteed Return Model - this pre-determines the rate of return on the Yacht. Generally, under this system expenses and depreciation cannot be deducted for tax purposes. We strongly advise you to speak to your accountant or financial advisor. If you wish, we can recommend such a person that has had experience in this field.
We do It All
- We market your vessel and manage publicity, attracting people from all over the world to sail with us in the Whitsundays.
- We manage all vessel bookings.
- We carry out tasks associated with chartering your vessel including maintenance, registrations and so on.
- We maintain a strong business relationship with our boat owners, keeping lines of communication open and transparent.
Yacht Brands Suitable for Charter
Whitsunday Rent A Yacht is interested in managing vessels that are suitable for charter, provided they meet our chartering requirements, guest expectations and regulatory requirements.
We are interested in the following brands:
- Fountaine Pajot
- New management contracts are generally for a period of 5 years
- We are also happy to look at selected used yachts. The duration of the agreement would depend on the vessel's age.
- Monohull 3 cabins 2 heads
- Monohull 4 Cabins, 3-4 heads
- 40-50 sailing catamaran - 4 cabins, 2-4 heads
- Power Catamaran 4 cabins 2-4 heads
We live and breathe yachting here at WRAY. There is quite a process in acquiring and placing a yacht into a fleet; we are here to assist.
Please contact our director, Jim Korosec, for further information:
call 0418 385 466